I cannot decide if this animation of In'myrr'zgg was the best or worst mistake I have made in my life. Regardless, here is the animation storyboard depicting the greed of this horrid wretch.
Eye level shot: Long shot: Close up shot: Over the shoulder shot Bird's eye view shot For my project, I created a scene of cookies on a plate with milk and a straw in a cup. The first challenge I encountered was using a particle system to create the sprinkles on the cookies. However, I was eventually able to overcome this problem with some help from my table as well as some trial and error. The second challenge I encountered was the issue creating a good shape with the straw. I was able to overcome this issue by rewatching parts of the lathing/lofting tutorial. The third challenge I encountered was mapping the image texture onto the table. I was able to overcome this issue through trial and error. The fourth challenge I encountered was the issue of getting the milk to appear like milk instead of a lump in the cup. I overcame this issue by using the flattening brush, although I'm still not completely satisfied with how it looks.
The use of design principles and camera movements improved my animation in a variety of ways. I'll begin with the use of design principles. Balance- Using formal balance in the beginning and end of my animation established a sort of order to it. This contrasted the informal balance I used while the pendulum was swinging and when In'myrr'zgg showed up to receive the sacrifice, representing an imbalance of power (between the pendulum and In'myrr'zgg-- or, perhaps, our hopeless struggle against a creature too powerful and hideous to fathom). Emphasis- I used emphasis to show the pendulum as the main object of the scene (at least at first; later, it was In'myrr'zgg). I did this by using leading lines (via the texture of the floor). Repetition- Before I modeled all of the background stuff, I found that the scene was largely a dark and unknowable void. That was okay-ish and all, considering the ominous tone I was going for, but it didn't truly tell a s...
Actions are a set series of animated movements depicting a specific activity, which can often be looped. Actions are used in animations when a character does something a repeated number of times. A good example is walking: instead of animating each and every step again and again, an animator can loop the walking action as many times as they need to.
Comments
Post a Comment